Sunday, February 7, 2010

Seven Hearts in Seven Days....Check it out!




Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know what a good CHD Mom friend of mine is hosting 7 Hearts in 7 Days on her Blog. It's a series of blogs that spotlight CHD Moms and CHD Survivors during this week. This week is Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week. Most of you that read my blog are family and know about my son Peyton being born with a CHD but for those of you that dont frequent my blog alot or have just come across it, when my twins were 9 months old, we found out that we would be expecting another baby. Everything went fine up until I tripped over the dog and my doctor put me in the hospital for routine monitoring. This included an ultrasound because the babies heart rate was lower and he wanted to make sure that the placenta hadn't separated when I fell. That's when we found out about Peytons CHD and our life took a crazy turn that we had never expected. Keep checking out her blog this week for Peytons CHD Story which will be featured as well as to learn about CHDs. Did you know that "Nearly twice as many children die from congenital heart disease in the United States each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined." Apparently I got both ends of the deal there. However, I would not ever change it for the world. I wouldn't be as strong as I am now if I wouldn't have went through all of this. Anyways, I have to run but i wanted to tell everyone to check that out. I'll try and post another tonight, once I get back home!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe tripping over a dog, got you the ultrasound you needed.

    Thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i found you through the 7 hearts in 7 days. (we were day #1). what an amazing story! you are an awesome mom with 3 little fighters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through the 7 hearts in 7 days too - our son's story will be up tomorrow (he has TGA too). You have a beautiful family full of miracles! I would love to link to your blog and follow Peyton and your family's story, would that be allright?

    Julia
    goofyj.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also found you through 7 hearts in 7 days. You are a strong woman as our your sweet little ones! I have a CHD angel, Cora.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments...i truely believe that it's not just the children that are strong when it comes to heart babies, it's the family as well. If I'm not there for my kids...who will be? They're not gonna see me break down...

    ReplyDelete